Game of Thrones--Episode 1 Recap *Spoilers*

Here be spoilers. Enter at your own risk.

The first episode of Season 3 was a little flat for my tastes. It started interesting enough with Sam, the White Walkers, and the Night's Watch, but then there was 50 minutes of fluff only to end on a WTF note. I am a true believer in the 'there is nothing creepier than a little girl' camp (i.e. Orphan and the Ring), but when you combine her with a deadly looking insect and allude to the s/he warlock from Season 2...I fear for Dany.  And I hope that strange man selling Dany the Unsullied meets a terrible end.  You just don't saw a mans nips off and expect to live in this show.

Amazingly enough, Cersei was not the Lannister to smack this episode; that place belongs to Papa Lannister for his bitter treatment of Tyrion.  Also incredible...Littlefinger DID NOT act like a creeper...I'm shocked.

Points go to Margaery for playing the saint and confusing Joffery enough that he didn't do anything stupid this episode--it might have been the first time.  Since Tyrion is in a woe-is-me funk, I choose here as my favorite character of the episode.

Overall, I give it 3 out of 5 crowns.  Better luck next time.

No comments: