Expand Your Space

I like movies and I have a growing collection of DVDs, CDs, and video games that recently have been taking over my closet.  However, with my trusty box of cardboard, I've solved that problem.  Here is a quick, cheap, and easy way to make a double shelf for lightweight objects such as DVDs, CDs, or paperbacks...and it's still easy to pull something off of the bottom shelf!

So, here is what my shelf looked like before I 'installed' my second shelf.

As you can see, my DVDs are starting to double up and block the DVDs behind them.  Also, I had to split up my video games to one of my bookshelves for lack of space.  Not a great system.

Here comes the cardboard.  I cut enough cardboard down to DVD depth to span my entire shelf. 


Perfect size.  If you still have some of those over-sized VHS tapes then you would want to cut them to that size or the widest object that you are planning to put on the shelf. 

And my new set up.




I love cardboard.  There are so many things you can do with it.


No comments: