Halloween Recap

It has been a week and a half since I started this blog and there are so many Halloween themed projects that I was not able to do (due to the time restraint or lack of funds).  Here is a recap of what I did accomplish this holiday season and some links to projects that could be featured in next years Halloween posts.


Pumpkin Carving


My favorite part of this holiday season is carving pumpkins and this year I got to do it for the first time with my nephew.  Also, I entered my pumpkin (photo above) in A Beautiful Mess's Pumpkin Carving Contest (got picked as one of the honorable mentions!).



Pumpkin Seeds


Second favorite thing is pumpkin seeds.  This year my sister and I combined the seeds from both of our pumpkins to make three different types of roasted pumpkin seeds:  Spicy Garlic, Pumpkin Spice, and Sweet Whiskey.



Pumpkin Scones

One of the three scones recipes that I made this October.  The other two were Cinnamon Apple and Chocolate Chip.



Costume Creations


I talked a little bit about how to use wire to make such things as armor, weapons, and exaggerated body features (for example: Gir's giant head).

Maybe next time...

1 comment:

Nurul Izz said...

Hi there Kate! I love your pumpkin design! It's wonderful! :)